Riding restrictions for kids

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

A Family of 4
ASA Legislative Affairs Representative
Please enter the middle number: 5

Riding restrictions for kids

Post by A Family of 4 »

We are finally going to make it to Utah in November. As I'm reading everyone's posts regarding which ways to go, where to camp, etc., I've come to the conclusion we'll take the dirt road, we're camping in the State Park, taking the Jeep and the bikes but the big question is regarding the riding restrictions on kids under 8 years old. I guess I just need to call to find out their 'exacts' because I can't find anything online about out-of-state ages. I see that as long as we are not there for longer than 14 days, our bikes are ok, but what about my 7-1/2 yr old? Will they give him a hard time? He looks like he's 8....rides like he's 15...any ideas? He's going to be really bummed if he can't ride :(

Any help would be appreciated. :wink:

Thanks!
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.

-Ronald Reagan

OBSESSED
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member

Post by OBSESSED »

I do not know what has changed in a while....

Last time I duned Utah, double riding, no helmets, seemed to be OK!

AS long as you were safe.

I don't know the current rules.

SB

A Family of 4

Post by A Family of 4 »

Ok, got it figured out...called (wouldn't you know, that was the easiest thing) and was informed that as long as we were out-of-state residents, not staying for longer than 2 weeks, we'd be fine without having to have our son take the certification program. But, he has to follow the rules, helmets, gloves, etc. - well that's given!

RichB
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member

Post by RichB »

If you're staying in the campground proper just realize the rules are strictly enforced i.e. quiet hours, having flags, etc etc etc. Be sure to have extra jets on hand for the bikes and quads. Some things I need to lean way out i.e. my 4-stroke; but others run so hot from trotting through the softest sand around that they run fine with stock jetting i.e. our Blaster.

Make sure you keep your air filters serviced up the best you can, if you have prefilters I'd run em, and after you're done for the weekend or whatever pull the cap off the float bowl in your bikes and see how much pink stuff may be laying in there; it's amazing.

Do not miss out on riding around the trees up on the ridges by the corral, I think it way cooler than riding on the bigger dunes down by the campground. Have fun and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
ASA Member

Return to “Coral Pink Dunes”