jetting changes?

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

Nic
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

jetting changes?

Post by Nic »

Is it necessary to change the jets from glamis jets to run here? If so does anybody have any recomendations on what to run on a cr250 with and also a crf250?

Washroad
ASA Chapters Chair • SSSS Chair
ASA Chapters Chair • SSSS Chair
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by Washroad »

Since the Coral Pinks are at about 6000 feet elevation, you may need to go down in size on your main jets. I would get a few sizes smaller for each of them and then see how they perform. Can't recommend a particular size as you'll have to see how they run, and do a few "plug chops" on the 2 strokes to get an idea of what to do.
Brian
ex-SSSS Coordinator
aSa Supporting Member and VERY PROUD OF IT!!!
2007 Jerry R. Seaver Award
"Facts don't enter a world dominated by our beliefs." Proust
The whole "point" of life is that there is no "point." There's just life.
"Never miss an opportunity to shut up." Will Rogers

RichB
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member

Post by RichB »

My experience is as follows:

Modern Thumpers need to be leaned out at least 1 main jet size and 1 position on the needle clip position. Also, adjust the fuel screw (leaner)
as needed. Note: You can probably get away with your stock jetting w/out fouling but they'll run pretty fat and sluggish.

Smaller 2-strokes i.e. 200cc and below are ok to be left at your closer-to-sea-level type jetting because the sand at CP is so deep and taxing. The smaller 2-strokes have to work really hard to plow around through that particular type of sand and as such they will run hotter than what you'd think.

Medium-to-Big Bore 2 Strokes. A 250 MX bike may or may not be good (depending on each engine/riding style of the rider) with your sea level jetting. I would roll up with the stock jetting and ride around a bit to see how it acts. Big bores (500s) you can lean out 1 main increment and call it macaroni.

Again, these are just my experiences coupled with the other folks we roll up there with. With that said, I think the bottom line is you shouldn't have to carry a sack of jets and be spending a huge amount of time tweaking your stuff to be able to ride there.

Good luck, be up to speed on the rules there before you go and have a great time!
ASA Member

OBSESSED
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member

Post by OBSESSED »

I agree with Rich.

And I'd like to add,
when I had a 250r, I did nothing to the jetting. I just ran it, yes it had less power than at sea level, but, you'd be on it for a shorter distance also.

St Anthony is another story. 4800-5200'
We actually ran leaner in our rails because you'd be on it for such a long time, boosting, that you'd run out of fuel!

Glamis you might be on boost for 7 to 10 seconds at a time.
St Anthony you might be on boost for 30-40 up to 60 seconds at a time!
Coral Pink 2-3 seconds of boost.

My worth nuthin' 2 cents.....

iggys-amsoil
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Stock jetting is ok. I ran with my Glamis jetting it was a little fat with the richer 1369 needle third notch. #52 pilot and 175 main.
the rest here.
http://www.iggysoil.com/cr1.html
Do regulated thoughts run freely through your head?
Isn't it about time you began washing your own brain?
Read 'THE INFORMED AMERICAN' stay A.L.E.R.T.
http://www.informamerica.com/news/subscribe.htm
http://www.iggysoil.com
ImageImage

Return to “Coral Pink Dunes”