Are these Dunes closed during the winter?

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

dburton
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Are these Dunes closed during the winter?

Post by dburton »

We go up to Page Arizona often in the spring and summer. Does anyone know if the Coral Pink sand dunes are open and rideable in the spring.

Trying to plan a vacation.

Any help would be appreciated.

SANDUNERS
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member

Post by SANDUNERS »

Hey Dee, these dunes are great for quads, not too good for rails (not enough open area for us) to ride.

We went in 1996 in July... it was HOT!!!! :oops: and its about 6000 feet there which made everything get HOT too... I would say spring and fall are the best times, but it can snow there too...

If you go, make sure to see the Rangers collection of sand samples from around the world,,, VERY 8)
Nothing is achieved without effort --- the fundamental force that brings success...:)

ARE YOU AWAKE YET???
Proud 2005 JRS Award recipient :P

In Glamis
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by In Glamis »

I have been there several times over the past 15 years. I am pretty sure the state park and the dunes are open all year, but as previously mentioned, it gets fairly cold and snows there in the winter. If you're planning a spring trip, I'd say that by April, it should be nice and comfortable enough to enjoy the dunes. Temperatures would likely be in the 60s in the day and in the high 30s to 40s at night. I still think the best time to visit is during the summer months, when its too hot to visit Glamis. Oh sure, it too can get hot at times at Coral Pink, but it cools off nicely at night and in July - Sept, you're often treated to some awesome thunderstorms.

Enjoy your visit, Jerry

YFZ Bob
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Re: Are these Dunes closed during the winter?

Post by YFZ Bob »

Nice place to go! 8) :idea: :!: Personal experiance If you're a Glamis Runner "Check your Plugs and Jet your Carbs!!!"

Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park
P.O. Box 95
Kanab, Utah 84741-0095
(435) 648-2800

Acres - 3730
Elevation - 6000 ft
Park Open - Year round
Reservations Accepted - Year round
Stay Limit - 14 Days
Total Units - 22
RV Trailer Sites - 22
Maximum RV Length - 32
Tent Sites - 22
Camping Fee - $14
Group Camping
Day-use Fee - $5
Picnicking
Group Pavilion
Drinking Water
Modern Rest Rooms
Showers
Waste Disposal
Hiking
Off-highway Vehicles
Watchable Wildlife

Reservations

Individual campsite reservations may be made from three days to 16 weeks in advance from departure date. Reservations may be made by calling Utah State Parks and Recreation at 801-322-3770 or toll-free 800-322-3770, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Visa, MasterCard and personal checks are accepted.

A $6 non-refundable reservation fee is charged for each site reserved.
A $10 non-refundable fee is charged for group sites and building rentals.
A $5 fee is charged for an extra vehicle and is collected at the park.
An additional reservation fee will be charged for any changes to existing reservations.

dburton wrote:We go up to Page Arizona often in the spring and summer. Does anyone know if the Coral Pink sand dunes are open and rideable in the spring.

Trying to plan a vacation.

Any help would be appreciated.

dburton
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by dburton »

Wow,

Thank you very much. This is very helpful. We hang out at Buttercup and Gordons Well in the winter, this looks like a fun place to go after that. Thanks for the tip on the carb. I ran into that problem going up to look for Christmas Trees last week in Heber!

Thanks again

Dee

Return to “Coral Pink Dunes”